There is growing evidence that children’s brains need time to develop without direction or guidance.
- There are three states of being. Not knowing, action and completion.
- Accept that everything is a draft. It helps to get it done.
- There is no editing stage.
- Pretending you know what you’re doing is almost the same as knowing what you are doing, so just accept that you know what you’re doing even if you don’t and do it.
- Banish procrastination. If you wait more than a week to get an idea done, abandon it.
- The point of being done is not to finish but to get other things done.
- Once you’re done you can throw it away.
- Laugh at perfection. It’s boring and keeps you from being done.
- People without dirty hands are wrong. Doing something makes you right.
- Failure counts as done. So do mistakes.
- Destruction is a variant of done.
- If you have an idea and publish it on the internet, that counts as a ghost of done.
- Done is the engine of more.
The website Twin Strangers can help you find them. Upload an image of your face and others looking for their doppelgängers can find you. You can pay to have your image scanned using AI and then compared to other images to find matches. Warning: The site is obnoxiously ad heavy!
Visualizing the amount of plastic we humans produce and throw “away”.
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.”Lily Tomlin
Apparently I’m not the only one who had a bit of an epiphany when I first read this. It also pisses me off a bit. Because once it sinks in, you realize all the anger you’re carrying is you just living in the past. But how do you let go?
“Only put off until tomorrow what you are willing to die having left undone.”